Sunday 14 June 2015

Tulip Wheelbarrow And A New Challenge At Simply Magnolia

Good afternoon, Crafty blogger's.
I back again! This time with my second post which is for Simply Magnolia.
Today we are starting a new fortnightly challenge at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge theme is............. Dies or Punches.
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge are 2 lovely ladies Mary & Andrea from 
The Ribbon Girl with a £10 voucher for one lucky winner!

I have made a 70th Birthday card for a lady who loves being in the garden.

I used Tulip Wheelbarrow from the Butterfly Dreams 2011 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Lifestyle nesting frame #10.
I have coloured the image with Polycromos pencils.


For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Coffee In The Arbour papers from Live & Love Crafts
Other dies used are Cheery Lynn French pastry doily, La - La - Land heart doily border and hot air balloon. Marianne Design clock, Magnolia Doohickey bride bow and Spellbinders shapeabilites butterfly. I have inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz frayed burlap distress ink.
The pretty lace is from EBAY.


For the flower arrangement I used a 30mm light Ivory wild rose, 25mm Vintage roses and 15mm olive green roses from WOC. The Kort & Godt chrysanthemums, small white lilies and white beaded stamens are from The Ribbon Girl
The vintage bronze frame and 3mm x 5mm oval white pearl string are also from The Ribbon Girl
The 3mm and 5mm s/a pearls are from my statsh.
I painted the frame with white Gesso and rubbed over it with frayed burlap distress ink.


The clock charm is from my statsh.
The large dove is from The Works. At the moment they are selling some gorgeous wooden shapes at really reasonable prices.
I painted the dove with white Gesso and sprinkled a little Frantage shabby white embossing enamel onto it.


A close up of the Tulip wheelbarrow.
I sprinkled shabby white embossing enamel around the image and coated the tulips with glamour dust.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Spellbinders labels 1.

We would love you to come and join with our current challenge.
If your looking for some inspiration then why not pop on over and take a peek at my teamies gorgeous creations.

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;



Thank you for stopping by to visit and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx






6 comments:

  1. wow wow wow , this is truly amazing
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweetie, OOOhh lovely card!!! I just love your whole style of card making, you use so many lovely die cuts and your designs and colouring are ALWAYS PERFECTION!!! I am loving all your florals, lace and that lovely little clock charm in the middle of your bow!!! Such a stunning card!!! Lots of crafty cuddles
    Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna;
    Hope all is well and that you're enjoying Summer (not that we've seen much of it yet...;-)). Beautiful card; this is one of my favourite Magnolia background stamps, but is great to use as a standalone image as well. Very elegant touches with the bow and the frame, perfect for the occasion! Thanks for joining LLC for our "In the garden" challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna love this stamp the tulips are gorgeous ...I love love the bow with the clock great idea and I also love the beautiful butterfly an the number with the frame ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Donna. I love all the soft colors and all the beautiful details. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda´s Town this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Åsalill

    ReplyDelete