Wednesday 17 June 2015

May The Winds Of Heaven Blow Softly....................

Hello, crafty blogger's'
I hope you are well?
I am here to share a remembrance card that my husband's work colleague Aana asked me to make  for her Father to place on his grave for the anniversary of his passing.
I made a Christmas remembrance card for the same lady last year.
 At first I felt a little nervous as to whether I would be able to create such a precious piece, but I did and felt very overwhelmed to be asked to make another for her.

Here is the card

The verse is one I found on Pinterest.
I have computer generated the verse using MS Word and printed it onto Neenah cardstock. I cut it out using a CartUs oval and matted it onto a Joy Crafts Noor! oval.


For the shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Vintage Autumn basics from LIve & Love Crafts
Other dies used are Marianne Design Anja's vintage decoration and clock. La - La - Land cherry blossom branches and steampunk heart cogs. Joy Crafts Billes flourishes.
The beautiful lace is 85mm "Marie Therese" from Live & Love Crafts
I inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink.
The resin cherub is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


For the arrangement I used a dusky blue 30mm wild rose, blue 20mm open rose, mocha 20mm open rose, Ivory 20mm open roses, Kort & Godt white chrysanthemums and small white lilies all from The Ribbon Girl
15mm mocha open roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and white flower spray from Live & Love Crafts

I used Frantage shabby white embossing enamel around the verse and adhered 3mm x 5mm oval white pearl string from The Ribbon Girl around the outside of the verse.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Spellbinders stately circle.

Aana loved the card.
I have just finished making a remembrance Father's Day card which Aana is placing on her Father's grave on Sunday. I even wrote the verse myself.

Thanks for stopping by to visit and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx















1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna this is simply stunning lost for words !!!!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete