Sunday 14 June 2015

The Ribbon Girl June Everything Goes With An Image Challenge..................Masculine

Good morning, crafty blogger's.
I am here today to tell you about our June everything goes with an image challenge over on 
The Ribbon Girl challenge blog. This is my first creation as new DT member.
Our challenge theme is Masculine so we would love to see your cards/projects featuring a 
masculine image.
I decided to create something different so I have decorated a Papier Mache box.

I used Bang The Drum from Lili Of The Valley
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs circle and matted onto a Spellbinders stately circle.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.



The papers I used to decorate my box are Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics from LLC
Other dies used are La - La - Land heart doily border and cherry blossom branches. Marianne Design clock, Cheery Lynn French pastry doily and choo choo train. Memory Box baby carriage.
I inked the papers and die cuts with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink
Here is a list of all the yummy embellishments that I used on my box from The Ribbon Girl
38mm Charlotte Elizabeth Vintage Style White Lace, 20mm Baby Blue Cotton Lace,5mm Flatback Ivory Flower String, White Tiny Pom Pom Bobble Trim, Dusky Blue 30mm Wild Rose, Blue 20mm Open roses, Ivory 20mm Open Roses, Lily Flowers Small White, Chrysanth White Kort & Godt,beaded Stamen Blue/White, Princess Pin Blue, Wooden Heart Buttons and 5m Bundle Of Natural Hemp Twine.

Lots of pictures to share!


Here is a side angled view of the box


Here is the front of the box


Here is the box with the lid off


A close up of Bang The Drum.
I surrounded the image with Frantage shabby white embossing enamel and added Ranger glossy accents to the end of the drum sticks.


The flower arrangement and bow



The choo choo and baby carriage.I die cut the train with Vintage Spring Basics paper and spinkled shabby white embossing enamel onto the baby carriage.
The 5mm blue pearls on the carriage's wheels are from my statsh.

I hope I have inspired you to come and join in with our challenge!?

There are 2 fabulous prizes up for grabs
The first is a £10 voucher to spend at The Ribbon Girl online store


The second prize is a rubber stamp of your choice kindly donated by Lili Of The Valley


My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.Why not pop over HERE for a peek?

I am entering my baby box into the following super challenge:

Thank you for stopping by to visit and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Have a great day!

Crafty hugs
Donna xx












3 comments:

  1. Donna your box is stunning - I'm sure it will be treasured for many years to come. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna wow wow wow how cute is her with the pom pom frame ...love the different laces an how the blue just pops on the bow and flowers. How cute is that train . A box to treasure with lots of baby memories ;0)

    ReplyDelete