Thursday 10 May 2018

Swedish House Crafts DT - Story Cake Wedding

Hello. lovely blogger friend's.
I'm here as well as on the Swedish House Crafts blog today. 
This time I have made a wedding card using the gorgeous Gummiapan Story Cake with Glasing die. It is one of my favourite Gummiapan dies.

Links to the products used from Swedish House crafts store are in text, and can be found at the end of my post.


For the shape of my card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #5.
The purple papers are from my stash! The other papers that I used are Maja Design Sofiero.
Other dies used are; Marianne Design clock, and Ivy circle.
Gummiapan story cake with glasing, pierced scalloped circles, and wedding sentiment.
Doohickey wrapped so lovely, and cheery Lynn French pastry doily.

The pretty lace is from my stash!


I die cut a Gummiapan pierced scalloped circle, and stamped it with Gummiapan angelpost stamp.
Then I die cut Gummiapan story cake with glasing using Sofiero papers, and matted it onto the centre of the circle with foam tape, layering the tiers with 2mm foam tape.

I decorated the top of the cake with small mulberry flowers, trailing them down the side of the first tier. The 3mm purple pearls that I have adhered to each of the daisy centres are from my stash!
The lovely tiny butterflies are included in the story cake with glasing set of dies.


To give the sentiment the illusion that it was floating off the card I cut the Gummiapan wedding sentiment and adhered it to a piece of clear acetate. Then I cut around the sentiment, and adhered a strip of acetate folded in half to the back of it using permanent clear glue dots. It looks great. I got the idea from my crafty friend Tammy!


I placed a wrapped so lovely tag behind the scalloped circle.
The flowers, seam binding, decorative pins, charm, and resin cherub are from my stash!


The clock dies are from my stash! The hands of the clock are set to 3.30pm - the time of the wedding.


Inside the card is decorated to complement the front.

Thank you for stopping by today!

You can find my blog HERE

Links to the products I used;


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Donna! The dies, colour palette and design are absolutely gorgeous. A card to be treasured.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, this is fabulous. Love the colours and all the lovely embellishments and the floating sentiment is great.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete