Thursday 26 April 2018

Swedish House Crafts - Exploding Box With Laserowe Chipboards

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I'm here as well as on Swedish House Crafts blog today with some DT inspiration.
I've made an exploding box using a small selection of the new Laserowe chipboard pieces that are available to buy in store.
I recommend you go take a look! The pieces are gorgeous.

Links to the products are in text, and can be found at the end of my post.


I covered the box, and decorated the inside using Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics 10th, and 11th of April.
I used elegant square rose frame to decorate the top of the box. I lightly inked the frame with distress ink, and stamped over it using rich cocoa ink, and a script stamp from my stash!

The lace, roses, green artificial moss, and seam binding are from my stash!
The tiny butterflies are Laserowe. There are 9 butterflies in total in various sizes.
 I inked them using a lavender ink pad. I used white liquid pearls along their centres.


This is what the inside of the box looks like, decorated with gorgeous Laserowe chipboard pieces.


I chose to use the 3D wheelbarrow for the centerpiece, and ornamented corners to create a frame around the wheelbarrow. 
I have rubbed all of the chipboard pieces with distress ink before assembling them.

Tip: It is best to remove the chipboard pieces from the packaging so that you are familiar with how to assemble the wheelbarrow. 
When it comes to placing the wheelbarrow onto the centre, be careful not to press down too hard as the  pieces that are holding the wheel together are very delicate, and could quite easily break.

I made the lavender type flowers using a 2" length of wire, coating approximately 1" from one end with thick pva glue, and then sprinkled Flowersoft over the glue. 
Let the flowers dry in a piece of cut floristry foam that will fit inside the wheelbarrow. 
Adhere the foam inside the wheelbarrow, and add some artificial moss.

The doily has been cut from Doohickey vol 14.


I used the larger chipboard butterfly, sponged it with lavender ink, and adhered it to the centre of the white doily.
I used a selection of flowers from my stash, and adhered a chipboard China corner.
The white pearl flatbacks are from my stash!

I repeated the same layout on the opposite side.


The birdhouse chipboard is from my stash! I sponged it with lavender ink.
I placed artificial moss in the centre opening, and adhered a rhinestone heart above it.
The white bird is die cut from Gummiapan Birdie die. There are 2 little birdie dies in the pack.

Once again I used the chipboard butterflies, and china corner in the same way as previously mentioned.


Thank you for stopping by today! 

Links to the products I used;


No comments:

Post a Comment