Friday 9 October 2015

Vintage Rose

Hello, lovely blogger friends.
I hope you are well.
I'm here today to share a commissioned card. A 100th Birthday card. Wow!!! I was so honoured to be asked to make this card. I searched high and low through my stamp collection to find something suitable to colour for the occasion.
I have many cling stamps that were freebies in Simply Cards & Papercraft and the one that I found is a beautiful rose from issue 133.
I chose browns & whites for this card.
I hope you like it?

The rose is from Clearly Besotted Stamps.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs oval. I have coloured the rose with Polychromos pencil Col: Nougat and matted the image onto a Joy Crafts Noor oval.


For the shape of the card I used GoKreate XXL frilly frame #5 and Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics papers.
Other dies used are Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration and clock. La La Land cherry blossom branches, Magnolia Doohickey bloomy tag, Memory Box classic numbers and Cheery Lynn French pastry doily.
I inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.
Here is a list of all the gorgeous embellishments from The Ribbon Girl online store that I used on my card. Just click on the links below to take you to the products.
 The bronze rose and swallow charm are no longer available from the store, but there are some other beautiful charms available to purchase.



Here is a couple of close up's of my arrangements.
The gorgeous cherub is one I have made using a silicone mould and Martha Stewart crafter's clay.
The oval frame is from The Works. I painted it with white Gesso and adhered 3mm white s/a pearls around the outside.


I surrounded the rose with Frantage shabby white embossing enamel and 3mm white s/a pearls.
I adhered a length of  3mm x 5mm oval white pearl string around the outside of the image.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Spellbinders floral oval.

I am entering the following super challenges;

I'd love to hear what you think of my latest creation.
Thanks for stopping by today to visit and huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Have a lovely weekend.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx









6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! I am smitten with your GORGEOUS creation. If this doesn't make its recipient SMILE on her 100th Birthday, nothing will. It's absolutely lovely, and you've put so much detail into this incredible creation. I can't thank you enough for stopping by to link up and share your incredible talent with us. I'm incredibly grateful to have you join us, and sincerely hope that you will share with us again soon. I see that you are Guest Designing for our sponsor, Live & Love Crafts. Aren't they a lovely shop? Thanks SO MUCH, and please stop by again soon. I so look forward to seeing more of you amazing art.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipient will be thrilled with your card Donna. It is stunning. Love the image and the colour combo and embellishments make a beautylicious card.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What an honor to create for such an occasion... they couldn't have chosen a lovelier or more talented person to make the perfect card. Donna, you know how much I adore your creations and I just wish I could properly express it! Your coloring is stunning and you work with embellishments flawlessly. I love how you framed the 100 and topped it with a sweet angel, as surely she has been guarded so faithfully. You make my heart smile, my friend. Thank you for inspiring and I wish you a beautiful weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I want to make cards it is so gorgeous. I remember when Granny was 100. Your card bestows honor on the recipient. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 204th AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won the challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Congratulations. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna your rose is breathtaking love the idea of that colour nougat yummy :) it is just perfect for a century how cool is that to have lived that!! love the tag and pins so much incredible detail!! It's mega gorgeous every inch!!! X

    ReplyDelete