Sunday 15 February 2015

Tilda Rose Scent And A New Challenge At LHOSM

Good afternoon, crafty blogger's.
It's been quite a week. I have been staying with my Mother since Monday as I have had no hot water or heating due to the fact that my boiler packed up. It's only 3 years old and it has packed up once before. The service has been absolutely dreadful. Last Wednesday he engineer cancelled due to sickness and the appointment was scheduled for the next day. I sat in a freezing cold house all day waiting for the engineer to arrive and received a call from customer services at 4 pm to say the engineer wasn't coming out to fix it. By that time I was absolutely furious and spitting feathers as I had been informed that another engineer wouldn't be able to come out until Monday next week.
Do not buy an Ideal boiler.
I have been unable to craft. I have card making orders due to go out this coming Friday and I am not sure if I am able to make them which means letting people down
. I am extremely unhappy about it.

Anyway, on to a nicer note. Today's challenge at Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia is
PEARLS & LACE
We don't have a sponsor for this challenge but, if you would like the chance to be GDT then please come and join in.

I would like to share a commissioned card I made for one of hubby's work colleagues.

I used Tilda Rose Scent from the Lost & Found 2013 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs oval. I then matted it onto a Joy Crafts Noor! Design oval.



For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour papers.
Other dies used are La - La - Land heart doily border and cherry blossom branch. Marianne Design clock. Cheery Lynn french pastry doily and Joy Crafts Billes flourishes.
I inked all of the die cuts with Tim Holtz frayed burlock distress ink.
The pretty lace is from Ebay and the 2mm white pearls are from Grafton Crafts.


I used a selection of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and The Ribbon girl.
The resin frame is also from The Ribbon Girl. I painted it with white Gesso and then I rubbed it with frayed burlock distress ink.
The numbers have been cut using Memory Box classic numbers die.
I computer generated the sentiment using a Vintage digi  from Pink Gem Designs.
The Resin dove is from the ribbon Girl.


Here is a close up of the resin frame..


I added glamour dust to the pom pom on Tilda's slippers and perfume spray.
I dotted Tildas cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Joy Crafts Noor! oval.

We would love you to come and join in with our 2 weekly challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations. Why not pop over for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx







4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card dear. I hope you'll problems will be solved as soon as possible.
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic!!!! have you ever made some "bad" card ? lol
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. All of your flowers and embellishments are lovely and your coloring is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at Tilda's Town this week and hope to see you in our next challenge too.

    Have a great day!
    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna just adore the green and the touch of pink just love her and with your sentiment it's perfect xx

    ReplyDelete