Sunday 16 December 2012

Tilda Christmas Star.

Good afternoon, crafty blogger friends.
My mum recently bought a wicker star from a craft market. She asked me if I could do something with it as she thought it was too plain so I dug it out today to have a play.
I have been itching to colour this Tilda image ever since one of my sweet blog land friends sent me her for my birthday this year.
I really enjoyed colouring her and if you are a follower of mine you will no doubt know that I don't very often colour images with skin and hair lol as it's mainly fur.

The stamp is from the Magnolia Sweet Christmas Collection 2011.
She is called "Midwinter Tilda with lantern."

 

 
Stamp the image onto smooth white cardstock.
I have die cut the image using Spellbinders Nestabilities Beaded Oval and coloured Tilda with polychromos pencils.
Once coloured I lightly sprayed it with Spray & Sparkle from Crafters Companion and left it to dry.
 
 I added some Anita's PVA glue to the top of Tilda's lantern, along the lace on her skirt and to the pom-pom on her hat then sprinkled the areas with ArtDeco Glamour Dust.
This gives a gorgeous effect.
 
The gingham bow was already attached to the star I just added a rose, leaves and two gold jingle bells to the centre.
 
 
The 5mm pearls and arrangement of roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The leaves are Martha Stewart's Woodland branch punch.
 
 
A close up of sweet adorable Tilda.
 
My mum loved it.
 
Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments.
 
Big crafty hugs.
Donna x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




3 comments:

  1. I love this it's stunning love teh image. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow ! Sure that your mum loved it, this is wonderful ! And your colouring is superb !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna Wow you have coloured her perfectly ! her hair and skin are perfect !! I Love the wicker star and you have decorated it perfectly ! I am sure your Mum will treasure it !! Such a great idea ! Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year !! Sending lots of Festive Crafty Hugs ;0) Thanks for being a super bloggy friend x

    ReplyDelete