Sunday 2 April 2017

Tilda Hugging Bunny -And A New Challenge At Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are keeping well.
Today is the start of a brand new month long challenge at Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia
Our challenge theme is EASTER or ANYTHING GOES
Our wonderful sponsor is The Rubber Buggy

I have chosen Easter, and made this card for my Niece.

I used Tilda Hugging Bunny from the Easter Collection 2009.
The image is stamped with memento rich cocoa ink onto Bristol board extra smooth cardstock and fussy cut around.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.


To make the square base I used  300gsm Ivory cardstock and Maja Design 'Vintage Spring Basics' 6 x 6 paper stack.
I found a fab tutorial in the latest edition of Simply Cards & papercraft on how to use the free gifts which were an embossing folder and some gorgeous cling stamps.
I cut a square of design paper and used the second largest of a Creative Dies ornate frame to cut an aperture in the centre. I embossed the panel with the free folder and lightly sanded over it.
I matted the panel onto another piece of design paper with 3D sticky pads and used one of the decorative corner stamps inked with white ink pad and sprinkled white opaque embossing powder, and heat embossed. I die cut another piece of design paper using the 2nd smallest of one of the ornate dies and stamped and heat embossed it the same way as before using 3D sticky pads to matt it to the centre. Lastly I stamped the Easter sentiment and used the smallest of the ornate frame die to cut it out.I surrounded the sentiment with shabby white embossing enamel and 3mm white s/a pearl flatbacks and again matted that with 3D sticky pads on top of the centre ornate square.

Other dies used are; La La La heart doily border, Spellbinders lattice heart, Cheery Lynn French pastry doily and pine branches. Magnolia Doohickey heart swirl branch.
I have inked the die cuts and papers with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.
Here is a list of the embellishments that i used on my card from the Ribbon Girl online store.
Click onto the links below to take you directly to the products


A close look at my floral arrangement that consists of 40mm Cream tea roses, blue English rose, 20mm blue open roses, 2 tone blue lilies, cream tulip, Blue tulip, Ivory/cream blossoms and blue beaded berries.
I adhered a few lengths of 3mm white pearl bead string into the top of the floral arrangement.


A close look at Tilda hugging her bunny!
I used glamour dust on Tilda's wings and glossy accents on bunny's nose.
I dotted both of their cheeks with a white gelly roll pen.


Inside the card is decorated to compliment the front.

I hope you like my card?

We would love you to come and join in with our current challenge which ends on Friday March 28th.
If you would like some inspiration then why not pop over HERE where my teamies have designed some stunning creations.

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;


Thanks for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for the lovely comments that you so kindly take the time for me to read.

Crafty hugs
Donna xx









4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Donna, I love the design! Tilda and rabbit are so beautifully coloured!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, Wow!! what a delightful Easter card this is, love your design and that sweet Tilda. Thank you for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowzer, Donna, this card is stunning! I love every single detail, especially the thousand layers! A masterpiece for sure!
    xoxo, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just love the yellow and blue together and adore the sentiment in the middle gorgeous design another cracker my light friend :)

    ReplyDelete