Sunday 27 September 2015

Hear No Evil Tilda And The Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge - Button Up!

Hello, Lovely blogger friends.
I hope you are well.
It's the last Sunday of the month which means It's time for the September Magnolia only challenge over on The Ribbon Girl challenge blog and this time the theme is BUTTON UP!
We want to see a button/buttons on your Magnolia cards/projects.
I have altered a tissue box which I must warn you is picture heavy Lol!!!

I used Hear No Evil Tilda from the Pink Ribbon 2014 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Joy Crafts Noor Design oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.


The papier mache box is one I bought from Hobbycraft.
The papers that I used to decorate the box are Maja Design Coffee In The Arbour from 
Here is a list of the gorgeous embellishments that I used to decorate my box available from
 The Ribbon Girl online store.
30mm White Zig Zag Cotton Lace, 12mm Milly Pale Pink Daisy Guipure, 5 Metres Siam Pink Seam Binding, 40mm Daisy pale Pink, Pale Pnk 20mm Open Roses WOC, Ivory 20mm Open Roses WOC, Lily Flowers Small Pale Pink, Wooden Heart Buttons, Butterflies Silver Colour Pk Of 5, 3mm White Pearl Bead String and 3mm Sugar & Spice s/a Pearl Flatbacks.


Here is an angled photo of the tissue box.
Both sides are decorated the same.


The dies that I used for the sides of the box are Cheery Lynn French pastry doily, La La Land filigree corners, CartUs circles and Spellbinders Shapeabilities butterfly.
I inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz aged mahogany distress ink.
I used Frantage shabby white embossing enamel on the die cut circle and adhered the 3mm white pearl string around the outside.
To decorate the butterfly I painted a wooden heart button with white Gesso and adhered one of the daisies from the length of Milly Guipure trim to the centre of it.
I adhered a pink s/a pearl to each of the filigree corners.


A close up of the butterfly.


A close look at the top of the tissue box with the flower arrangements.
I die cut a Spellbinders stately circle and adhered a length Milly Guipure trim around the opening circle. 


I painted the metal butterfly with white Gesso and adhered 3 3mm pink s/a pearls along the centre.
The birdcage is also painted with white Gesso. I tied Siam pink seam binding into a bow and adhered a wooden heart button with 3mm pink s/a pearls to the centre.
The tiny pink butterfly is punched out with a Woodware punch.



Adorable Tilda.
I surrounded the image with Shabby white embossing enamel and 3mm pink s/a pearls and adhered a length of 3mm white pearl string around the image.
I used glamourr dust on Tilda's bangles and dotted her cheeks with a white gelly roll pen.

I hope that I have inspired you to come along and join in with Magnolia Only Button up challenge.
There are 2 fabulous prizes up for grabs
The first is a £10 voucher to spend in The Ribbon Girl online store and the second prize is a rubber stamp kindly donated by Magnolia Stamps Sweden.



If it's inspiration you are looking for my teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Pop over HERE for a peek?



I am entering my project into the following super challenge


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Have a great week.
Crafty hugs 
Donna xx






































3 comments:

  1. so fantastic tissue box !
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, this is the loveliest altered tissue box I have ever seen. It is as detailed and beautifully embellished as your cards. Tilda is precious and your layered trims are divine. This is a joy to behold. Gorgeous work as always, my talented friend. Have a wonderful day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna wow she is way to cute !!! I love how you have decorated the opening and the papers are so gorgeous just like the butterfly all tissue boxes should be like this one !! Love love the flowers on top ..Karen is so right this is the most beautiful tissue box I have ever seen ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete