Sunday 1 July 2012

Lets Celebrate Challenge.

Hello everyone.
It's time for another challenge at TeddyBo & Co but firstly I would like to let you all know that I am going in to hospital on Friday 6th of July for my op.
I had extensive gynae surgery last July which has left me with persistent pelvic pain. I am having my ovaries removed so I am not sure if I will be able to sit for long periods of time to colour Gayle's adorable bears which I love soooooo much  and this means I might not be able to enter the next challenge (I'm sad) I have  a seven week recovery. I am feeling very anxious as no body likes to go under the knife and there is always the "what if?"  could I please ask you all to say a prayer for me thank you. Big hugs. xxxxxx

Now on to a brighter note for this challenge I have made an easel drawer card to celebrate a Birthday.
I followed the instructions on how to make the card from one of my C&P magazines  and I have used 300gsm white conquerer card for this.
All of the papers used in this project are Wellington by Docrafts.
I have coloured  TEDDYBEA_204 with polychromos pencils  and cut her out.
With my Bigshot I cut an oval die, embossed it with a Sizzix Cottage Style embossing folder  and adhered Bea to it with sticky pads.
The card is decorated with lace from Creative Treasures  and the 15mm ivory ribbon, bow  and woodern button are from Fantastic Ribbons. The flowers surrounding Bea are from WOC   and The Ribbon Girl, the leaves are punched out with a regular leaf punch by Woodware.

For the base of the easel card I have decorated the top and bottom of the stripe paper with lace  from Creative Treasures. I cut another oval die, adhered paper, cut a smaller oval  then printed off the Happy Birthday sentiment which is a freebie from BirdsCards.Com   and glued it to the larger oval.
I used sticky pads to place the sentiment on the card then decorated around the oval with regular  and small punched daisies by Woodware  I put tiny crystal rhinestones in the centre of each daisy.

The drawer has been lined with papers  and strips of stripe paper have been adhered to the sides of the base  and the front of the drawer. The front of the drawer has been finished off with another of the same woodern buttons used on the bow.
Thank you for letting me enter my creation in to the challenge  and thanks for all the lovely comments too.
Big Hugs. xxxxxxxxxx



The easel drawer card showing the drawer closed


The drawer is open


A side view of the card


The card closed


The adorable Bea close up









7 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Donna, I am sure everything will be ok!! But I am sending you a big cyberhug and I will be praying that everything is going just perfect under the op. I look forward to see your creations again when you are back in the saddle ;)
    Thanks for joining our celebration challenge at Teddy Bo and the best of luck here too :)
    hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna first of all Wow this is just beautiful !! Your colouring is just perfect and with these pretty papers it's just a wonderful combination. Love the drawer too and sentiment ! Really is gorgeous ! I love it ;0). I hope all goes well with your operation and recovery ! Will be thinking of you ! Thank you for joining us in the Challenge Lots of Crafty hugs ;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project - love the colours and the papers - great button - I hope all goes well with your surgery so you can get back to the bears as soon as possible
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your getting good Donna this is very creative, Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, great with drawer. You have also used beautiful colors :)
    Thanks for joining our celebration challenge at Teddy Bo and good luck:)
    Hugs, Trine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Such warm colours and lots of detail has gone into your design! Thank you for playing at The Teddy Bo Challenge 'Celebrations'! DT Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is a beautiful card. I hope your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery. Thanks for joining in the 'Celebration challenge' at Teddy Bo.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete